Monday, September 22, 2014

Finished top - one less UFO

I found a box when in my studio today of scrappy blocks I had started long ago.  I don't know why I do this but I have lots of UFO in which I have made all the blocks but then for some reason put them up and never finish.  All the blocks were in the box so all I need to do was put them in rows and assemble.




My new lil (and I mean little - only 1.5 pounds) chihuahua Trixie decided she needed to be in the picture too.  Lol. So during the New Orleans Saints game I assembled the top and I now have another quilt ready for quilting. 



Here's Trixie in her basket while I quilted in my studio earlier today.

7 comments:

  1. I love finding UFO's where the blocks are pieced already! It's like getting an instant quilt top. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt, but Trixie takes the cake. I have a Chloe who was 1lb, 4ozs but she is now 4lbs 2ozs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to follow your blog by email, but I don't see a sign-up for email. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie! I'm sure she keeps you busy. I like your quilt too. Love the super- scrappy look. I have a 3 lb. male, Karson. He is the master of our farm and keeps all the other animals in line from below.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a gorgeous scrappy quilt! I do the same thing and am always finding boxes of stuff I started and then abandoned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we just get bored with the process sometimes. Or maybe we have a grander plan for the blocks but get stymied. Love the quilt. Great way to use up scraps. And Trixie is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, your chihuahua weighs less than my ferrets (at 2.0 and 2.5lbs)! She is cute. We had a tiny one like that named Cricket once who always had to wear coats in winter. I like the quilt!

    ReplyDelete